Consumer noncyclical stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 2.0%, the Nasdaq increased 2.4% and the S&P 500 pushed 2.0% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Newell Rubbermaid Inc (NWL): NWL stock is up 4.2% today.
- Cott Corp (COT): COT stock is up 3.4% today.
- Brf-Brasil Foods S.A. (BRFS): BRFS stock is up 3.3% today.
- Embotell Andna Sa B (AKO.B): AKO.B stock is up 3.2% today.
- Avon Products (AVP): AVP stock is up 3.4% today.
- Diageo Plc (DEO): DEO stock is up 2.9% today.
- Colgate-Palmolive Company (CL): CL stock is up 2.8% today.
- British American Tobacco Industries (BTI): BTI stock is up 2.7% today.
- B&G Foods Holdings (BGS): BGS stock is up 2.5% today and up 24.5% in the last month.
- Unilever Nv (UN): UN stock is up 2.6% today.
Only one stock in the consumer noncyclical sectors showed losses:
- Usana Health Sciences Inc (USNA): USNA stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.