Consumer noncyclical stocks rose 1.0% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.3%, the Nasdaq was up 1.6% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.3% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Post Holdings Inc (POST): POST stock is up 8.8% today.
- Coca Cola Femsa S.A.B. De C.V (KOF): KOF stock is up 3.0% today.
- British American Tobacco Industries (BTI): BTI stock is up 2.9% today.
- Brf-Brasil Foods S.A. (BRFS): BRFS stock is up 2.7% today.
- Diageo Plc (DEO): DEO stock is up 2.6% today.
- Cal-Maine Foods (CALM): CALM stock is up 2.4% today.
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corp (PPC): PPC stock is up 2.2% today.
- Deluxe Corp (DLX): DLX stock is up 2.2% today.
- Tyson Foods (TSN): TSN stock is up 2.3% today.
- Newell Rubbermaid Inc (NWL): NWL stock is up 2.3% today.
Only one stock in the consumer noncyclical sectors showed losses:
- Vina Concha Y Toro (VCO): VCO stock is down 2.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.