Technology stocks finished up 1.3% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.2%, the Nasdaq increased 1.2% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Avnet Inc (AVT): AVT stock is up 2.9% today.
- Arrow Electronics (ARW): ARW stock is up 2.8% today.
- Red Hat Inc (RHT): RHT stock is up 2.8% today.
- Alere Inc (ALR): ALR stock is up 2.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Xerox Corp (XRX): XRX stock is up 2.5% today.
- Avx Corp (AVX): AVX stock is up 2.3% today.
- Jabil Circuit (JBL): JBL stock is up 2.0% today.
- Wesco International (WCC): WCC stock is up 2.0% today.
- Anixter International Inc (AXE): AXE stock is up 2.0% today.
- Methode Electronics (MEI): MEI stock is up 2.0% today and up 22.1% in the last month.
Only one stock in the technology sectors showed losses:
- Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd (QIHU): QIHU stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.