Utilities stocks finished up 1.0% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.8%, the Nasdaq rose 0.6% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.8% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Enersis S A (ENI): ENI stock is up 4.0% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is up 3.2% today.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is up 3.1% today.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is up 2.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (EPD): EPD stock is up 2.9% today.
- National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): NFG stock is up 2.7% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 2.6% today.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is up 2.6% today.
- Idacorp Inc (IDA): IDA stock is up 2.2% today.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is down 2.6% today.
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.