Capital goods stocks finished up 2.8% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.8%, the Nasdaq increased 1.4% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.8% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Topbuild Corp (BLD): BLD stock is up 6.1% today.
- Caterpillar Inc (CAT): CAT stock is up 5.3% today.
- Beacon Roofing Supply (BECN): BECN stock is up 5.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Granite Construction Inc (GVA): GVA stock is up 5.0% today.
- Meritage Corp (MTH): MTH stock is up 5.0% today.
- Dycom Industries (DY): DY stock is up 4.9% today.
- D.R. Horton (DHI): DHI stock is up 4.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Regal-Beloit Corp (RBC): RBC stock is up 4.6% today.
- M.D.C. Holdings (MDC): MDC stock is up 4.5% today.
- Pultegroup (PHM): PHM stock is up 4.5% today.
Only one stock in the capital goods sectors showed losses:
- Spirit Aerosystems Holdings (SPR): SPR stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.