Healthcare stocks rose 2.1% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.5% higher, the Nasdaq increased 1.8% and the S&P 500 rose 1.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Centene Corp (CNC): CNC stock is up 4.0% today.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY): BMY stock is up 3.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Greatbatch (GB): GB stock is up 3.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Owens & Minor (OMI): OMI stock is up 2.9% today.
- Perrigo Company (PRGO): PRGO stock is up 2.6% today.
- Healthsouth Corp (HLS): HLS stock is up 2.6% today.
- Prestige Brand Holdings (PBH): PBH stock is up 2.5% today.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (TEVA): TEVA stock is up 2.5% today.
- Baxter International Inc (BAX): BAX stock is up 2.5% today.
- Teleflex Inc (TFX): TFX stock is up 2.2% today.
Only one stock in the healthcare sectors showed losses:
- Wuxi Pharmatech [Cayman] Inc (WX): WX stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.