Transportation stocks finished up 0.5% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.5%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.8% higher and the S&P 500 rose 1.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Teekay Shipping Corp (TK): TK stock is up 3.2% today.
- Swift Transportation Company (SWFT): SWFT stock is up 2.3% today.
- Genesee & Wyoming (GWR): GWR stock is up 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC): NSC stock is up 2.0% today.
- GATX Corp (GMT): GMT stock is up 1.9% today.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Sureste (ASR): ASR stock is up 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Union Pacific Corp (UNP): UNP stock is up 1.4% today.
- Macquarie Infrastructure Company Trust (MIC): MIC stock is up 1.5% today.
- Ship Finance International (SFL): SFL stock is up 1.3% today.
- Alexander and Baldwin Inc (ALEX): ALEX stock is up 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.