Utilities stocks finished up 1.3% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.5%, the Nasdaq rose 1.8% and the S&P 500 was up 1.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is up 5.5% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is up 5.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is up 4.9% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is up 4.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is up 3.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 3.2% today.
- WGL Holdings Inc (WGL): WGL stock is up 2.7% today.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is up 2.3% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is up 2.3% today.
- Southwest Gas Corp (SWX): SWX stock is up 2.3% today.
Only one stock in the utilities sectors showed losses:
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.