Energy stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 3.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.8%, the Nasdaq increased 1.4% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.8% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Peabody Energy Corp (BTU): BTU stock is up 8.8% today and up 1009.0% in the last month.
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is up 8.4% today.
- Rose Rock Midstream L.P. (RRMS): RRMS stock is up 7.9% today.
- RPC Inc (RES): RES stock is up 7.6% today.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is up 7.0% today.
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is up 7.6% today.
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is up 7.6% today.
- Nabors Industries (NBR): NBR stock is up 6.9% today.
- FMC Technologies (FTI): FTI stock is up 6.7% today.
- Columbia Pipeline Partners LP (CPPL): CPPL stock is up 6.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.