Transportation stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 2.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.8%, the Nasdaq increased 1.4% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Golar Lng Partners LP (GMLP): GMLP stock is up 5.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Swift Transportation Company (SWFT): SWFT stock is up 4.9% today.
- Wabtec Corp (WAB): WAB stock is up 4.1% today.
- Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A. (GOL): GOL stock is up 4.1% today.
- Hub Group (HUBG): HUBG stock is up 4.0% today.
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is up 3.1% today.
- Fedex Corp (FDX): FDX stock is up 3.1%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Forward Air Corp (FWRD): FWRD stock is up 3.0% today.
- Alexander and Baldwin Inc (ALEX): ALEX stock is up 3.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): LUV stock is up 2.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.