Edward Breen has currently been serving as the interim CEO of DuPont since former CEO Ellen Kullman left the role last month. Breen said he plans to look into the company’s costs and how it spends its money, reports The Wall Street Journal.
Here are a few things to know about DuPont CEO Edward Breen, as collected from WSJ.
- He acted as CEO of Tyco International from 2002 to 2012.
- Breen oversaw spinoffs of Covidien (COV), TE Connectivity (TEL) and ADT (ADT) while at Tyco.
- He also lead the merger of Tyco Flow Control and Pentair.
- Breen was added to DuPont’s board of directors in February of this year.
- The new CEO may choose to break DuPont up into smaller companies.
DD shares were up slightly as of Monday afternoon.
More From InvestorPlace:
- Is the Under Armour Stock Split a Raw Deal for UA Owners?
- Grab These 1% Stocks while They Are Cheap
- 5 Boom or Bust Energy Stocks to Buy