Every week, Zacks value stock strategist and the Editor of Zacks Value Investor portfolio service, Tracey Ryniec, talks about all things happening in the value stock universe, including her top stock picks.
With Donald Trump winning the US presidential election, a lot of investors might be afraid of the stock market. There could be considerable market volatility over the next few months until he takes office in January.
But value investors know that political events can create buying opportunities. When everyone else is fearful, value investors look to buy.
Tracey has put together a list of stocks that value investors should consider in the wake of the election results:
1. Kansas City Southern (KSU) sold off the day after the election on fears about Mexico. It is the only US railroad that has rail lines in Mexico. Tracey owns it in her own personal portfolio.
2. Horizon Pharma PLC (HZNP) is a generic drug maker. It’s dirt cheap but the generics are under investigation by the Justice Department. Be cautious.
3. Tutor Perini Corp (TPC) does big infrastructure construction projects like casinos and airports.
4. MasTec, Inc. (MTZ) also does big construction projects. Trump has said he wants to spend on highways, bridges and other infrastructure projects.
5. KeyCorp (KEY) is one of the large regional banks. The banks should benefit from a rise in the interest rates and the stocks are undervalued.
What does she think about investing in Mexico right now? It’s one of her favorite international plays and the Mexico ETF (EWW) has sold off. Should you be buying?
Find out what else Tracey is looking to buy in the post-election volatility on this week’s podcast.
Want more insights from Tracey?
Check out her weekly Value Investor service to receive more in-depth analysis on value companies and see which stocks she thinks are the best bargains now.
More From InvestorPlace
- 7 S&P 500 Dividend Stocks to Buy That Yield 4% or More
- 7 Top Stocks to Buy for Months of Red-Hot Returns