Is ‘Price Is Right’ Host Bob Barker Dead?
Bob Barker, the former host of Price is Right, is not dead.
A death hoax claiming that Bob Barker has passed away has been spreading around the internet. The hoax claims that the TV personality died after suffering from a fall in his home that resulted in a head injury.
There is a little bit of truth sprinkled in the death hoax. Bob Barker did indeed fall and hurt his head while at home. However, this happened back in June and is wasn’t a serious injury. Barker did go to the hospital for it, though, reports Snopes.
While the death hoax is fake, that hasn’t stopped some Twitter Inc (NYSE:TWTR) users from being tricked by it. Here are a few comments from those that fell for the hoax.
- “Damn, Bob Barker died?!?! Gotta pour some out for a real one. #RIP”
- “Not Bob Barker. A pillar of my childhood. Carried a Price is Right lunch box in elementary school. RIP”
- “RIP Bob Barker. I have always wanted to play Plinko and spin that wheel. #PriceIsRight”
- “So upset @CBS for not mentioning ANYTHING about #bobbarker …@PriceIsRight should be ashamed. #memoriam #priceiswrong #PriceIsRight”
- “Rest In Paradise Mr Bob Barker!! #SigmaNu #ThankYou #BobBarker”
Celebrities are often the targets of death hoaxes. A couple of the more recent ones have claimed that Kid Rock and Betty White have passed on, but both of them are still in the land of the living.
As of this writing, William White did not hold a position in any of the aforementioned securities.