Investors are wondering why stocks are up today and we’ve got all the details they need to know about the market’s rise on Friday!
The big news behind why stocks are up today comes from the U.S. Department of the Treasury. The agency reported that the yield on the 10-year U.S. Treasury note is hovering at around 4%.
That’s worth noting, as the yield on these notes has remained high as inflation and interest rates affect the economy. Investors even saw that bond rate slip slightly below 4% for a short time during early morning trading today.
As a result of this news, several major indices were on the rise today. Investors will also keep in mind that stocks haven’t been doing so well these last few days. That helps explain today’s gains as stocks bounce back from recent dips.
Let’s go over the indices that have stocks up today below!
Stock Indices Up on Friday
- The S&P 500 is up 0.8% as of Friday morning.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average is climbing 0.4% higher as of this writing.
- Finally, the Nasdaq Composite is getting a roughly 1% boost from today’s Treasury note news.
Investors looking for even more of the latest stock market news for Friday will want to stick around!
We’ve got all of the hottest stock market coverage traders need to know about today! Among that is what’s happening with Citigroup (NYSE:C) layoffs, Zoom (NASDAQ:ZM) firing its president and investors betting on Exela Technologies (NASDAQ:XELA) stock. You can read up on all of this news at the following links!
More Friday Stock Market News
- Citigroup Layoffs 2023: What to Know About the Latest C Job Cuts
- ZM Stock Alert: What to Know as Zoom Unexpectedly Fires President
- 5 Investors Betting Big on Exela (XELA) Stock in 2023
On the date of publication, William White did not hold (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.