The G20 Summit 2017 is starting and some of the most powerful people in the world will come together to discuss the financial state of the world.
- President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin have met with friendly handshakes.
- The event began with protesters and police coming into conflict with one another.
- The protests are being called “Welcome to Hell” and they are being organized by a group of anticapitalist protesters.
- It is possible that these protesters will continue to cause trouble as the G20 Summit continues to take place on Friday and Saturday.
- German chancellor Angela Merkel and President Trump also shook hands when meeting at the event, which is a change from previous meetings between the two.
- President Trump is expected to bring up trade with Germany at the G20 Summit, despite not being able to negotiate a new deal.
- Merkel is hoping that she can make the idea of globalization a “win-win situation” and that there shouldn’t always be winners and losers.
- The President of the United States will also likely focus on ISIS and how best to combat it with the help of the other countries at the meeting.
- There’s talk that President Trump may bring up allegations that Russia attempted to hack the 2016 Presidential election, but it won’t likely be a public discussion.
The opinions contained in this column are solely those of the writer.
Want to share your own views on money and politics? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and we might reprint your views in our InvestorPolitics blog! Please include your name, city and state of residence. All letters submitted to this address will be considered for publication.