Yesterday, Napster founders’ Sean Parker and Shawn Fanning launched Airtime, their new social video-sharing platform during a celebrity-studded event. In a nutshell, the new service is a video-chat app for Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) users.
To properly introduce the service, Parker solicited celebrities like Snoop Dogg, Olivia Munn and Jim Carrey to demonstrate Airtime during its debut party in Manhattan.
In case you didn’t attend the event, Business Insider compiled a few interesting highlights from the high-end affair. Here’s a look at five.
- The event was chock-full of technical glitches. Many of the celebrity video chats were plagued with errors.
- Computers were available so guests could try Airtime as well.
- When Jimmy Fallon asked Parker and Fanning how they met, Parker replied: “We were basically cyber criminals.”
- During the event, celebrity Olivia Munn beat-boxed with Snoop Dogg over Airtime.
- Jim Carrey appeared on the video player wearing a gas mask. He proposed “Stay connected and germ free” as Airtime’s new slogan.
You can see the entire highlight gallery at Business Insider.