Google (GOOG) could release a new tablet called the Nexus 8 in the near future that would be miles ahead of the Nexus 7.
The Nexus 7 is a great tablet but there are many other quality 7-inch tablets out there that are giving it a run for its money. The Nexus 8 could be a game-changer for Google assuming it’s actually real and as amazing as it sounds.
Here are five things you should know about the Nexus 8.
- Full HD Screen: The tablet could have an impressive 2,560×1,440 pixel screen like many of this year’s devices or perhaps an even better resolution than that.
- Android Operating System: The Nexus 8 will probably use Android’s Kitkat Operating System.
- Intel Bay Trail T-Chips: These T-chips could be integrated into the tablet, giving users a 64-bit quad core experience.
- Name: Everyone knows the ‘Nexus’ name at this point but Google might use a new name for the tablet and get rid of the ‘Nexus’ tag altogether.
- Release Date: Some believe that the Nexus 8 will be released in mid-2014.
GOOG stock is down 1% Monday.
More Nexus News