Google Drive acts like a cloud-based version of Microsoft (MSFT) Office. The service includes the ability to make spreadsheets similar to Excel, presentations akin to PowerPoint and allows for storage of documents and other files, reports Siliconindia.com.
Here are a few useful things to know about Google Drive, as listed by Siliconindia.com.
- Users on Google Drive can use it to upload and share videos in a similar manner to YouTube.
- Pictures of scanned receipts can be stored on Drive, which makes for a move to paperless storage.
- Drive automatically stores and syncs data on the cloud from files that have already been uploaded.
- Docs has a Research tool that can suggest similar subjects and topics to what users are typing about.
- Hangouts can be used in conjunction with Drive to create video conferences while working on projects.