Energy stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 1.6%, the Nasdaq fell 2.1% and the S&P 500 was down 1.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Martin Midstream Partners L.P. (MMLP): MMLP stock is up 1.1% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Atlas Pipeline Partners L.P. (APL): APL stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is up 0.8% today.
- Ross Group Plc (RGP): RGP stock is up 0.7% today.
- Genesis Energy L.P. (GEL): GEL stock is up 0.2% today.
- Ocean Rig Udw Inc (ORIG): ORIG stock is up 0.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Tesoro Logistics LP Common Unit (TLLP): TLLP stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Rosetta Resources Inc (ROSE): ROSE stock is down 4.9% today.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is down 4.4% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is down 4.3% today.
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is down 4.2% today.
- Legacy Reserves LP (LGCY): LGCY stock is down 4.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is down 4.0% today.
- Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE): CVE stock is down 3.5% today.
- Ngl Energy Partners LP (NGL): NGL stock is down 3.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Breitburn Energy Partners L.P. (BBEP): BBEP stock is down 3.3%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- RPC Inc (RES): RES stock is down 3.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.