Financial stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.0%, the Nasdaq was up 0.8% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.0% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Corpbanca (BCA): BCA stock is up 5.1% today.
- International Bancshares Corp (IBOC): IBOC stock is up 4.1% today.
- Och-Ziff Capital Management (OZM): OZM stock is up 4.0% today.
- Texas Capital Bancshares (TCBI): TCBI stock is up 3.9% today.
- Nelnet Inc (NNI): NNI stock is up 3.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Zions Bancorporation (ZION): ZION stock is up 3.7% today.
- Cullen/Frost Bankers (CFR): CFR stock is up 3.6% today.
- Home Bancshares (HOMB): HOMB stock is up 3.2% today.
- Bank of Montreal (BMO): BMO stock is up 3.2% today.
- Selective Insurance Group (SIGI): SIGI stock is up 3.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Fbl Financial Group (FFG): FFG stock is down 1.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Woori Finance Holdings Co Ltd (WF): WF stock is down 1.6% today.
- Credit Acceptance Corp (CACC): CACC stock is down 1.3% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is down 0.9% today.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is down 0.8% today.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is down 0.6% today.
- Eaton Vance Corp (EV): EV stock is down 0.6% today.
- Sterling Bancorp (STL): STL stock is down 0.6% today.
- Governor and Company of The Bank of Ireland (IRE): IRE stock is down 0.5% today.
- Singapore Fund (SGF): SGF stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.