Basic materials stocks finished up 1.2% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.3%, the Nasdaq rose 0.7% and the S&P 500 increased 1.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Glatfelter (GLT): GLT stock is up 2.8% today.
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is up 2.7% today.
- Innospec Inc (IOSP): IOSP stock is up 2.6% today.
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is up 2.6% today.
- Actuant Corp (ATU): ATU stock is up 2.5% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is up 2.4% today.
- Neenah Paper (NP): NP stock is up 2.3% today.
- Meadwestvaco Corp (MWV): MWV stock is up 2.3% today.
- Curtiss-Wright Corp (CW): CW stock is up 2.2% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is up 2.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is down 1.2% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 0.8% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is down 0.4% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is down 0.4% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 0.3% today.
- Mosaic Company (MOS): MOS stock is down 0.2% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.