Basic materials stocks finished up 0.2% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.3% and the S&P 500 fell 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is up 1.8% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is up 1.2% today.
- Curtiss-Wright Corp (CW): CW stock is up 1.2% today.
- Commercial Metals Company (CMC): CMC stock is up 1.1% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is up 1.1% today.
- Ashland Inc (ASH): ASH stock is up 1.0% today.
- Packaging Corporation of America (PKG): PKG stock is up 0.9% today.
- Nucor Corp (NUE): NUE stock is up 0.7% today.
- International Paper Company (IP): IP stock is up 0.6% today.
- Kaman Corp (KAMN): KAMN stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 4.1% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 4.0% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is down 3.7% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 3.2% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is down 3.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 2.8% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 2.8% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 2.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Kronos Worldwide Inc (KRO): KRO stock is down 2.0% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.