Energy stocks finished down 0.6% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.7% higher and the S&P 500 was up 1.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Columbia Pipeline Partners LP (CPPL): CPPL stock is up 1.7% today.
- Questar Corp (STR): STR stock is up 1.3% today.
- Ngl Energy Partners LP (NGL): NGL stock is up 1.2% today.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is up 1.1% today.
- Nustar Energy L.P. (NS): NS stock is up 1.0% today.
- Semgroup Corp (SEMG): SEMG stock is up 1.0% today.
- Tidewater Inc (TDW): TDW stock is up 0.9% today.
- Noble Corp (NE): NE stock is up 0.9% today.
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is up 0.8% today.
- IHS Inc (IHS): IHS stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is down 5.2% today and down 20.6% in the last month.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is down 3.7% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is down 3.7% today and down 21.4% in the last month.
- Bonanza Creek Energy Inc (BCEI): BCEI stock is down 3.5% today.
- Oil States International (OIS): OIS stock is down 3.1% today.
- Tesoro Petroleum Corp (TSO): TSO stock is down 2.8% today.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is down 2.6% today.
- Energen Corp (EGN): EGN stock is down 2.5% today.
- Encana Corp (ECA): ECA stock is down 2.4% today.
- Kosmos Energy Ltd (KOS): KOS stock is down 2.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.