Energy stocks declined on Wall Street today, down 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.5%, the Nasdaq was down 0.3% and the S&P 500 fell 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is up 2.0% today.
- Noble Corp (NE): NE stock is up 1.4% today.
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is up 1.2% today.
- BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust (BPT): BPT stock is up 1.1% today.
- Calumet Specialty Products (CLMT): CLMT stock is up 1.1% today.
- Southwestern Energy Company (SWN): SWN stock is up 1.1% today.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is up 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is up 0.8% today.
- Unit Corp (UNT): UNT stock is up 0.7% today.
- Imperial Oil Limited (IMO): IMO stock is up 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Tesoro Petroleum Corp (TSO): TSO stock is down 4.5% today.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is down 3.7% today.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is down 3.2% today.
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is down 2.9% today.
- National-Oilwell (NOV): NOV stock is down 2.3% today.
- Eog Resources (EOG): EOG stock is down 2.0% today.
- Halliburton Company (HAL): HAL stock is down 1.8% today.
- FMC Technologies (FTI): FTI stock is down 1.7% today.
- Newfield Exploration Company (NFX): NFX stock is down 1.7% today.
- Eqt Corp (EQT): EQT stock is down 1.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.