Financial stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.2%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.4% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Credit Acceptance Corp (CACC): CACC stock is up 2.6% today.
- Bancolombia S.A. (CIB): CIB stock is up 2.4% today.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is up 2.0% today.
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is up 1.8% today.
- Och-Ziff Capital Management (OZM): OZM stock is up 1.6% today.
- Banco De Chile (BCH): BCH stock is up 1.5% today.
- Simmons First National Corp (SFNC): SFNC stock is up 1.5% today.
- Lloyds Banking Group Plc (LYG): LYG stock is up 1.5% today.
- Amtrust Financial Services (AFSI): AFSI stock is up 1.4% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Horace Mann Educators Corp (HMN): HMN stock is down 3.2% today.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is down 2.1% today.
- Chemical Financial Corp (CHFC): CHFC stock is down 1.9% today.
- Cno Financial Group (CNO): CNO stock is down 1.8% today.
- American Equity Investment Life (AEL): AEL stock is down 1.6% today.
- Signature Bank (SBNY): SBNY stock is down 1.6% today.
- Firstmerit Corp (FMER): FMER stock is down 1.6% today.
- First Niagara Financial Group Inc (FNFG): FNFG stock is down 1.7% today.
- International Bancshares Corp (IBOC): IBOC stock is down 1.5% today.
- Trustmark Corp (TRMK): TRMK stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.