Energy stocks finished up 0.7% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.4% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 5.3% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is up 3.6% today.
- National-Oilwell (NOV): NOV stock is up 3.4% today.
- Nustar Gp Holdings Llc (NSH): NSH stock is up 3.3% today on 6 times normal volume.
- Dril-Quip (DRQ): DRQ stock is up 3.2% today.
- Oil States International (OIS): OIS stock is up 3.2% today.
- Tidewater Inc (TDW): TDW stock is up 3.1% today.
- Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE): CVE stock is up 2.9% today.
- BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust (BPT): BPT stock is up 2.8% today.
- Memorial Production Partners LP (MEMP): MEMP stock is up 2.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Noble Corp (NE): NE stock is down 0.7% today.
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is down 0.5% today.
- Genesis Energy L.P. (GEL): GEL stock is down 0.3% today.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is down 0.2% today.
- Ngl Energy Partners LP (NGL): NGL stock is down 0.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- World Fuel Services Corp (INT): INT stock is down 0.2% today.
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.