Services stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.5% higher, the Nasdaq rose 0.5% and the S&P 500 was up 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Vitamin Shoppe Inc (VSI): VSI stock is up 14.2% today on 8 times normal volume.
- GNC Holdings Inc (GNC): GNC stock is up 3.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- New Oriental Education & Technology Group (EDU): EDU stock is up 3.0% today.
- Penn National Gaming (PENN): PENN stock is up 2.5% today.
- Service Corporation International (SCI): SCI stock is up 2.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Aaron’s Inc (AAN): AAN stock is up 2.4% today.
- Equity Lifestyle Properties (ELS): ELS stock is up 2.3% today.
- The Finish Line (FINL): FINL stock is up 2.3% today.
- Chesapeake Lodging Trust (CHSP): CHSP stock is up 2.1% today.
- Box Inc (BOX): BOX stock is up 2.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Barnes & Noble (BKS): BKS stock is down 3.1% today.
- Red Robin Gourmet Burgers (RRGB): RRGB stock is down 2.4% today.
- Oi S.A. Ads (OIBR): OIBR stock is down 1.9% today.
- Iridium Communications Inc (IRDM): IRDM stock is down 1.6% today.
- Time Warner Cable Inc (TWC): TWC stock is down 1.6% today.
- HCP Inc (HCP): HCP stock is down 1.5% today.
- Select Income REIT Common Share (SIR): SIR stock is down 1.5% today.
- Hospitality Properites Trust (HPT): HPT stock is down 1.4% today.
- Vipshop Holdings Limited (VIPS): VIPS stock is down 1.4% today.
- Mobile Telesystems (MBT): MBT stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.