Basic materials stocks declined 0.5% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.5%, the Nasdaq declined 0.4% and the S&P 500 was down 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- H. B. Fuller Company (FUL): FUL stock is up 2.5% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 2.2% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 1.6% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Precision Castparts Corp (PCP): PCP stock is up 1.4% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 1.4% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is up 1.3% today.
- Bemis Company (BMS): BMS stock is up 1.2% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is up 1.2% today.
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is down 2.3% today.
- Olin Corp (OLN): OLN stock is down 1.9% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 1.7% today.
- Huntsman Corp (HUN): HUN stock is down 1.5% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is down 1.4% today.
- Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (SMG): SMG stock is down 1.4% today.
- Air Products and Chemicals (APD): APD stock is down 1.3% today.
- Celanese Corp (CE): CE stock is down 1.3% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is down 1.2% today.
- Plum Creek Timber Company (PCL): PCL stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.