Healthcare stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.9% higher, the Nasdaq rose 1.6% and the S&P 500 increased 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Ptc Therapeutics Inc (PTCT): PTCT stock is up 3.3% today.
- Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS): EXAS stock is up 2.9% today.
- West Pharmaceutical Services (WST): WST stock is up 2.8% today.
- Examworks Group (EXAM): EXAM stock is up 2.6% today.
- Biogen Idec Inc (BIIB): BIIB stock is up 2.6% today.
- Cempra Inc (CEMP): CEMP stock is up 2.5% today.
- Cambrex Corp (CBM): CBM stock is up 2.4% today.
- Cantel Medical (CMN): CMN stock is up 2.3% today.
- Endologix Inc (ELGX): ELGX stock is up 2.3% today.
- Actavis Inc (ACT): ACT stock is up 2.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR): ACOR stock is down 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (LH): LH stock is down 0.3% today.
- Hca Holdings Inc. Common Stock (HCA): HCA stock is down 0.3% today.
- Quest Diagnostics Inc (DGX): DGX stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.