Basic materials stocks fell 0.5% on Wall Street so far on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.6%, the Nasdaq declined 0.6% and the S&P 500 fell 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is up 4.4% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 2.4% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 2.4% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 0.9% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is up 1.0% today.
- Actuant Corp (ATU): ATU stock is up 1.2% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 0.5% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is up 0.8% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 0.3% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is down 4.9% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is down 2.8% today.
- Vedanta Limited (VEDL): VEDL stock is down 2.5% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 1.5% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 1.9% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is down 1.7% today.
- Ball Corp (BLL): BLL stock is down 1.6% today.
- A. Schulman (SHLM): SHLM stock is down 1.5% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 1.5% today.
- Crown Cork & Seal Company (CCK): CCK stock is down 1.3% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.