Basic materials stocks fell 0.5% on Wall Street so far on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.6%, the Nasdaq declined 0.6% and the S&P 500 fell 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is up 4.4% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 2.4% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 2.4% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 0.9% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is up 1.0% today.
- Actuant Corp (ATU): ATU stock is up 1.2% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 0.5% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is up 0.8% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 0.3% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is down 4.9% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is down 2.8% today.
- Vedanta Limited (VEDL): VEDL stock is down 2.5% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 1.5% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 1.9% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is down 1.7% today.
- Ball Corp (BLL): BLL stock is down 1.6% today.
- A. Schulman (SHLM): SHLM stock is down 1.5% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 1.5% today.
- Crown Cork & Seal Company (CCK): CCK stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.