Energy stocks rose 0.7% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.2%, the Nasdaq increased 0.4% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Breitburn Energy Partners L.P. (BBEP): BBEP stock is up 4.4% today.
- Teekay Offshore Partners L.P. (TOO): TOO stock is up 4.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- RPC Inc (RES): RES stock is up 2.3% today.
- Gulfport Energy Corp (GPOR): GPOR stock is up 2.0% today.
- Energen Corp (EGN): EGN stock is up 1.9% today.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is up 2.0% today.
- Sunoco L.P. (SUN): SUN stock is up 1.9% today.
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is up 1.8% today.
- Range Resources Corp (RRC): RRC stock is up 1.7% today.
- Concho Resources Inc (CXO): CXO stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is down 3.6%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ngl Energy Partners LP (NGL): NGL stock is down 3.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Tesoro Logistics LP Common Unit (TLLP): TLLP stock is down 2.4% today.
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is down 2.2% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is down 1.5% today.
- Buckeye Partners L.P. (BPL): BPL stock is down 1.5%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is down 1.2% today.
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is down 1.4% today.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Questar Corp (STR): STR stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.