Energy stocks rose 1.2% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.2%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.3% higher and the S&P 500 was up 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is up 4.8% today.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is up 4.1% today.
- Continental Resources (CLR): CLR stock is up 3.4% today.
- Helmerich & Payne (HP): HP stock is up 3.3% today.
- Oil States International (OIS): OIS stock is up 3.3% today.
- Energen Corp (EGN): EGN stock is up 3.3% today.
- Dril-Quip (DRQ): DRQ stock is up 3.3% today.
- Ensco Plc (ESV): ESV stock is up 3.3% today.
- C&J Energy Services Inc (CJES): CJES stock is up 3.2% today.
- Synergy Resources Cp (SYRG): SYRG stock is up 3.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Genesis Energy L.P. (GEL): GEL stock is down 1.9% today.
- BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust (BPT): BPT stock is down 1.6% today.
- Teekay Offshore Partners L.P. (TOO): TOO stock is down 1.2% today.
- Suburban Propane Partners L.P. (SPH): SPH stock is down 1.2% today.
- Calumet Specialty Products (CLMT): CLMT stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Nustar Energy L.P. (NS): NS stock is down 0.8% today.
- Pengrowth Energy Corp (PGH): PGH stock is down 0.4% today.
- World Fuel Services Corp (INT): INT stock is down 0.3% today.
- Eqt Corp (EQT): EQT stock is down 0.3% today.
- Enbridge Energy Management Llc (EEQ): EEQ stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.