Utilities stocks finished down on Wall Street on Friday, down 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq rose 1.5% and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is up 1.4% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is up 0.8% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is down 2.4% today and down 62.9% in the last month.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is down 2.2% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 2.2% today.
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is down 2.0% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is down 1.9% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 1.9% today.
- Atmos Energy Corp (ATO): ATO stock is down 1.8% today.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PCG): PCG stock is down 1.8% today.
- Duke Energy Corp (DUK): DUK stock is down 1.7% today.
- Portland General Electric Company (POR): POR stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.