Healthcare stocks finished up 1.1% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.8%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.8% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY): BMY stock is up 1.7% today.
- Eli Lilly and Company (LLY): LLY stock is up 1.6% today.
- Chemed Inc (CHE): CHE stock is up 1.4% today.
- Novo Nordisk A/S (NVO): NVO stock is up 1.2% today.
- C.R. Bard (BCR): BCR stock is up 1.2% today.
- Emergent Biosolutions (EBS): EBS stock is up 1.1% today.
- Becton Dickinson and Company (BDX): BDX stock is up 1.1% today.
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ): JNJ stock is up 1.0% today.
- Abbott Laboratories (ABT): ABT stock is up 0.9% today.
- Edwards Lifesciences Corp (EW): EW stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Kindred Healthcare (KND): KND stock is down 1.4% today.
- Brookdale Senior Living Inc (BKD): BKD stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Charles River Laboratories Intl (CRL): CRL stock is down 0.5% today.
- Luxottica Group S.P.A. (LUX): LUX stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.