Services stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.2% higher, the Nasdaq rose 0.9% and the S&P 500 increased 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- International Game Technology (IGT): IGT stock is up 5.7% today.
- Digitalglobe Inc (DGI): DGI stock is up 4.4% today.
- Rent-A-Center Inc (RCII): RCII stock is up 4.4% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Zillow Inc. Cl A (Z): Z stock is up 4.3% today.
- Icahn Enterprises L.P. (IEP): IEP stock is up 3.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Lions Gate Entertainment Corp (LGF): LGF stock is up 3.6% today.
- Sirius XM Radio Inc (SIRI): SIRI stock is up 3.1% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Liberty Media Corp. Series A (LMCA): LMCA stock is up 3.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Stantec Inc (STN): STN stock is up 3.0% today.
- Men’s Wearhouse (MW): MW stock is up 2.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Discovery Communications Inc (DISCB): DISCB stock is down 2.8% today.
- American Campus Communities Inc (ACC): ACC stock is down 2.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Mattress Firm Holding Corp (MFRM): MFRM stock is down 2.2% today.
- Tal Education Group (XRS): XRS stock is down 1.8% today.
- Rentrak Corp (RENT): RENT stock is down 1.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Manchester United Ltd (MANU): MANU stock is down 1.6% today.
- Tripadvisor Inc (TRIP): TRIP stock is down 1.6% today.
- Macy’s Inc (M): M stock is down 1.5% today.
- Barnes & Noble (BKS): BKS stock is down 1.5% today.
- Box Inc (BOX): BOX stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.