Utilities stocks rose 0.1% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.5%, the Nasdaq declined 0.4% and the S&P 500 fell 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is up 4.8% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 1.8% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is up 2.2% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 1.4% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 2.5% today.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is up 1.1% today.
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is up 2.2% today.
- Southern Company (SO): SO stock is up 1.3% today.
- Northwestern Corp (NWE): NWE stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is down 3.9% today.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is down 4.2% today.
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is down 0.4% today.
- Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (EPD): EPD stock is down 2.6% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is down 1.7% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is down 2.4% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is down 0.3% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 2.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.