Basic materials stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.1%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.3% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.1% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is up 2.9% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is up 2.6% today.
- Compass Minerals Intl Inc (CMP): CMP stock is up 2.5% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 2.2% today.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is up 1.8% today.
- Watts Water Technologies (WTS): WTS stock is up 1.7% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is up 1.6% today.
- Chemtura Corp (CHMT): CHMT stock is up 1.4% today.
- Crane Company (CR): CR stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 3.1% today.
- Olin Corp (OLN): OLN stock is down 2.1% today.
- FMC Corp (FMC): FMC stock is down 1.9% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is down 1.7% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is down 1.7% today.
- Agrium Inc (AGU): AGU stock is down 1.6% today.
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is down 1.6% today.
- Quaker Chemical Corp (KWR): KWR stock is down 1.5% today.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is down 1.4% today.
- Crown Cork & Seal Company (CCK): CCK stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.