Technology stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 2.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 2.1% higher, the Nasdaq was up 2.4% and the S&P 500 increased 2.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Nidec Corp (NJ): NJ stock is up 6.8% today.
- Solera Holdings (SLH): SLH stock is up 6.1% today.
- Advantest Corporation Ads (ATE): ATE stock is up 5.5% today.
- Ciena Corp (CIEN): CIEN stock is up 5.6% today.
- EMC Corp (EMC): EMC stock is up 4.8% today.
- Avago Technologies (AVGO): AVGO stock is up 3.4% today.
- Nokia Corp (NOK): NOK stock is up 3.8% today.
- Linkedin (LNKD): LNKD stock is up 3.9% today.
- Logitech International S.A. (LOGI): LOGI stock is up 3.4% today.
- Alcatel Lucent (ALU): ALU stock is up 3.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Soufun Holdings (SFUN): SFUN stock is down 5.3% today and down 26.0% in the last month.
- Grubhub Inc (GRUB): GRUB stock is down 5.2% today.
- Renren Inc (RENN): RENN stock is down 3.4% today.
- Siliconware Precision Industries Company Ltd (SPIL): SPIL stock is down 3.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Vmware Inc (VMW): VMW stock is down 2.7% today.
- Himax Technologies (HIMX): HIMX stock is down 1.3% today.
- Ubiquiti Networks Inc (UBNT): UBNT stock is down 1.4% today.
- Bitauto Holdings Ltd (BITA): BITA stock is down 1.5% today and down 33.0% in the last month.
- Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd (QIHU): QIHU stock is down 1.2% today.
- Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (ASX): ASX stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.