Autumnal Equinox is here and ‘InvestorPlace’ is celebrating with quotes about the first day of Fall.
Autumnal Equinox kicked off today, Sept. 23, 2015. The first day of fall technically started 4:22 a.m. Eastern Time this morning, reports TimeandDate.com.
Here is a collection of quotes for Autumnal Equinox, as collected from BrainyQuote.com.
- “Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” — Albert Camus
- “By all these lovely tokens September days are here, With summer’s best of weather And autumn’s best of cheer.” — Helen Hunt Jackson
- “Summer ends, and Autumn comes, and he who would have it otherwise would have high tide always and a full moon every night.” — Hal Borland
- “Autumn wins you best by this its mute appeal to sympathy for its decay.”” — Robert Browning
- “Designers want me to dress like Spring, in billowing things. I don’t feel like Spring. I feel like a warm red Autumn.” — Marilyn Monroe
- “Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.” — George Eliot
- “I have been to Canada several times. It was autumn when I visited Vancouver, and I will always remember the colour of the trees in British Columbia were stunning.” — Natalie Dormer
- “Now Autumn’s fire burns slowly along the woods and day by day the dead leaves fall and melt.” — William Allingham
- “There is a harmony in autumn, and a luster in its sky, which through the summer is not heard or seen, as if it could not be, as if it had not been!” — Percy Bysshe Shelley
- “I know the lands are lit, with all the autumn blaze of Goldenrod.” — Helen Hunt Jackson
To see more quotes about Autumnal Equinox and the first day of Fall, click here.