Capital goods stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.3%, the Nasdaq increased 0.4% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is up 2.5% today.
- Caesarstone Sdot-Yam Ltd (CSTE): CSTE stock is up 1.1% today.
- Pentair Ltd (PNR): PNR stock is up 1.6% today.
- Ingersoll-Rand Plc [Ireland] (IR): IR stock is up 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- James Hardie Industries Se (JHX): JHX stock is up 1.1% today.
- CRH Plc (CRH): CRH stock is up 1.0% today.
- BE Aerospace (BEAV): BEAV stock is up 1.2% today.
- Martin Marietta Materials (MLM): MLM stock is up 0.6% today.
- Topbuild Corp (BLD): BLD stock is up 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- USG Corp (USG): USG stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Meritage Corp (MTH): MTH stock is down 10.6% today.
- Dycom Industries (DY): DY stock is down 3.2% today.
- M.D.C. Holdings (MDC): MDC stock is down 2.4% today.
- Lennar Corp (LEN.B): LEN.B stock is down 2.1% today.
- KB Home (KBH): KBH stock is down 2.1% today.
- Lennar Corp (LEN): LEN stock is down 1.9% today.
- Pultegroup (PHM): PHM stock is down 1.9% today.
- D.R. Horton (DHI): DHI stock is down 1.9% today.
- Ryland Group (RYL): RYL stock is down 1.6% today.
- Toll Brothers Inc (TOL): TOL stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.