Capital goods stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.3%, the Nasdaq increased 0.4% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is up 2.5% today.
- Caesarstone Sdot-Yam Ltd (CSTE): CSTE stock is up 1.1% today.
- Pentair Ltd (PNR): PNR stock is up 1.6% today.
- Ingersoll-Rand Plc [Ireland] (IR): IR stock is up 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- James Hardie Industries Se (JHX): JHX stock is up 1.1% today.
- CRH Plc (CRH): CRH stock is up 1.0% today.
- BE Aerospace (BEAV): BEAV stock is up 1.2% today.
- Martin Marietta Materials (MLM): MLM stock is up 0.6% today.
- Topbuild Corp (BLD): BLD stock is up 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- USG Corp (USG): USG stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Meritage Corp (MTH): MTH stock is down 10.6% today.
- Dycom Industries (DY): DY stock is down 3.2% today.
- M.D.C. Holdings (MDC): MDC stock is down 2.4% today.
- Lennar Corp (LEN.B): LEN.B stock is down 2.1% today.
- KB Home (KBH): KBH stock is down 2.1% today.
- Lennar Corp (LEN): LEN stock is down 1.9% today.
- Pultegroup (PHM): PHM stock is down 1.9% today.
- D.R. Horton (DHI): DHI stock is down 1.9% today.
- Ryland Group (RYL): RYL stock is down 1.6% today.
- Toll Brothers Inc (TOL): TOL stock is down 1.6% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.