Energy stocks rose 2.8% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.8%, the Nasdaq was up 0.6% and the S&P 500 rose 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is up 13.9% today and up 49.1% in the last month.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 10.7% today.
- Synergy Resources Cp (SYRG): SYRG stock is up 9.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Energen Corp (EGN): EGN stock is up 8.7% today.
- Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE): CVE stock is up 8.4% today.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is up 8.3% today.
- Rowan Companies (RDC): RDC stock is up 8.0% today.
- RPC Inc (RES): RES stock is up 7.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Concho Resources Inc (CXO): CXO stock is up 7.0% today.
- Canadian Natural Resources (CNQ): CNQ stock is up 6.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is down 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Genesis Energy L.P. (GEL): GEL stock is down 0.7% today.
- Suburban Propane Partners L.P. (SPH): SPH stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.