Energy stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.9% higher, the Nasdaq rose 0.4% and the S&P 500 was up 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is up 12.2% today and up 26.6% in the last month.
- Bristow Group Inc (BRS): BRS stock is up 9.8%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Baytex Energy Corp (BTE): BTE stock is up 9.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is up 7.0% today and up 21.1% in the last month.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 6.8% today and up 41.4% in the last month.
- Noble Energy Inc (NBL): NBL stock is up 6.7%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO): CRZO stock is up 6.1% today and up 26.8% in the last month.
- Nustar Gp Holdings Llc (NSH): NSH stock is up 5.7% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is up 5.5% today and up 33.0% in the last month.
- Energen Corp (EGN): EGN stock is up 5.3% today and up 22.9% in the last month.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Sunoco Logistics Partners LP (SXL): SXL stock is down 0.6% today.
- Alon USA Energy (ALJ): ALJ stock is down 0.6% today.
- Genesis Energy L.P. (GEL): GEL stock is down 0.7% today.
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is down 0.6% today.
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corp (COG): COG stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.