Financial stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.5%, the Nasdaq rose 1.8% and the S&P 500 was up 1.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Lazard Ltd (LAZ): LAZ stock is up 3.1% today.
- Kcg Holdings Inc (KCG): KCG stock is up 3.0% today.
- Banco Santander-Chile Ads (BSAC): BSAC stock is up 2.9% today.
- Icici Bank Ltd (IBN): IBN stock is up 2.6% today.
- Banco De Chile (BCH): BCH stock is up 2.7% today.
- Aetna Inc (AET): AET stock is up 2.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Alliance Data Systems Corp (ADS): ADS stock is up 2.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Barclays Plc (BCS): BCS stock is up 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Blackrock (BLK): BLK stock is up 2.4% today.
- Fleetcor Technologies (FLT): FLT stock is up 2.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Och-Ziff Capital Management (OZM): OZM stock is down 5.0% today.
- Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS): BNS stock is down 2.5% today.
- Fbl Financial Group (FFG): FFG stock is down 2.1% today.
- Cohn & Steers Inc (CNS): CNS stock is down 1.7% today.
- Valley National Bancorp (VLY): VLY stock is down 1.7% today.
- Unumprovident Corp (UNM): UNM stock is down 1.6% today.
- Royal Bank of Canada (RY): RY stock is down 1.5% today.
- Sterling Bancorp (STL): STL stock is down 1.5% today.
- Toronto Dominion Bank (TD): TD stock is down 1.5% today.
- Park National Corp (PRK): PRK stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.