Oculus Rift founder Palmer Luckey has expressed his support for Donald Trump.
The millionaire is only 24-years-old and he’s already one of the biggest names in tech. Here are seven things to know about him:
- He is an inventor and entrepreneur, ranked #26 on Forbes‘ list of America’s richest entrepreneur under the age of 40.
- Luckey was homeschooled as a kid, which was followed by a stint in several universities, including California State University, Long Beach.
- His talent was identified early in life as he experimented with lasers, coil guns, Tesla coils, a PC costing tens of thousands of dollars and an initiative in the virtual reality industry.
- He has a net worth of $700 million thanks in part to his sale of Oculus to Facebook (NASDAQ:FB).
- Luckey recently launched Nimble America, a political organization that supports Donald Trump and his presidential campaign. He has raised more than $10,000 with the initiative.
- The tech magnate also admitted to being “NimbleRichMan” on Reddit, which is the name he used to launch the project under the radar before exposing himself as NimbleRichMan. It previously showed that he was the vice-president of Oculus Rift next to his name.
- His idea to launch Oculus Rift began with a Kickstarter campaign that received a fair amount of support. The campaign raised $2.4 million, which marked nearly 1,000% of the company’s initial target.
FB stock is down 1.6% Friday.