Here are 6 things to know about the growing service that’s catching on among folks who live in apartments.
- The service isn’t new, but Amazon is adding more locker locations.
- The lockers are Amazon’s equivalent of to-store shipping options available from retailers like Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT), J.C. Penney (NYSE:JCP) use. Since Amazon doesn’t have a store to ship to for convenient customer pickup, the lockers are its solution.
- Amazon Lockers have popped up in grocery stores, drugstores and other venues where customers shop.
- According to The Wall Street Journal, the latest lockers have been installed in San Francisco, but they can also be found in Seattle, London, D.C. and various cities in New York.
- Customers who live in cities with Amazon Lockers can mark the locker option during the checkout stage of their purchase.
- Customers can then also “manage” their lockers via their Amazon account.
- Size and weight restrictions apply to items that can be stored in the lockers.
You can learn more about Amazon Lockers at Amazon.com.