Wealth-X has compiled a list of the 10 wealthiest CEOs in the United States. The list was put together using data collected from the US Securities and Exchange Commission.
Here are the top five from that list:
- Microsoft (MSFT) CEO Steve Ballmer – Has a net worth of $17 billion
- Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) CEO Meg Whitman – Has a net worth of $1.2 billion.
- UnitedHealth Group (UNH) CEO Stephen J. Hemsley – Has a net worth of $480 million.
- Cisco Systems (CSCO) CEO John T. Chambers – Has a net worth of $430 million.
- United Technologies (UTX) CEO Louis R. Chênevert – Has a net worth of $430 million.