There are many great geek gifts for techies out there but there are others that stand out because of how bizarre they are.
Some companies are dedicated to creating odd tech gifts for those looking for something very specific. From some extremely smart gloves to a Wi-Fi pet monitor and even a personal submarine, check out the 7 best geek gifts for this Christmas.
- Call Me Gloves, Hammacher Schlemmer: These gloves can sync up to your smartphone and help you make calls by making the universal ‘call me’ hand signal. These $80 gloves have a speaker, a microphone and buttons to help you make and end calls.
- Egg Minder, Quirky.com: Consider getting the $70 Egg Minder for health-conscious fans of geek gifts. This gadget makes sure you don’t eat bad eggs by syncing up to your smartphone and showing you which eggs in the tray are the oldest with LED lights.
- Plush Toast Wireless Speaker, ThinkGeek: Another strange breakfast gadget is the $40 Plush Toast Wireless Speaker which works as a toaster and a speaker that can connect to most smartphones or tablets.
- Scout1 Wi-Fi Pet Monitor, Motorola (MSI): For techies who have pets, this $300 monitor helps you track your pet with a camera and a microphone so they can both keep an eye on them and talk to them.
- Personal Submarine, Hammacher Schlemmer: If you have $2 million to spare, this two-person submarine is one of the greatest geek gifts you can give your techie friend.
- Pop Dongle, Pop Secret: You can’t buy this item in stores but you can bid for one on eBay (EBAY). It’s basically an iPhone game that lets you add butter to popcorn with an attachment that emits a real buttery scent as you play the game.
- Zombie apocalypse supplies, Larson Electronics: This kit of zombie supplies is a must-have for those preparing themselves for the zombie apocalypse. From high-intensity spotlights to a solar-powered LED beacon, this is one of the coolest and most bizarre geek gifts out there.
More Christmas Gift Headlines