Utilities stocks rose broadly 1.1% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.8% higher, the Nasdaq rose 0.7% and the S&P 500 was up 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is up 2.9% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is up 2.3% today.
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is up 2.3% today.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is up 2.1%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is up 1.9% today.
- Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE): HE stock is up 1.9% today.
- Great Plains Energy Inc (GXP): GXP stock is up 1.8% to a new 52-week high of $27.06.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is up 1.7% today.
- Cleco Power Llc (CNL): CNL stock is up 1.6% to a new 52-week high of $50.59.
- Otter Tail Corp (OTTR): OTTR stock is up 1.7% today.
Only one stock in the utilities sectors showed losses:
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.