Basic materials stocks remained flat so far on Wednesday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.5% and the S&P 500 fell 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Circor International (CIR): CIR stock is up 3.1%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- DOW Chemical Company (DOW): DOW stock is up 2.1%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 1.7% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is up 1.0% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is up 1.4% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is up 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is up 0.9% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 0.8% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is up 0.8%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 3.1% today.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is down 2.7% today.
- Chemtura Corp (CHMT): CHMT stock is down 2.1% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 2.0% today.
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is down 1.8% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is down 1.5% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is down 1.4% today.
- Aurico Gold Inc (AUQ): AUQ stock is down 1.4% today.
- Universal Forest Products (UFPI): UFPI stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.