Basic materials stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.6% higher, the Nasdaq increased 0.8% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.6% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc (POT): POT stock is up 3.2% today.
- Sealed Air Corp (SEE): SEE stock is up 2.3% today.
- Carlisle Companies Inc (CSL): CSL stock is up 2.4% today.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is up 2.0% today.
- Polyone Corp (POL): POL stock is up 1.9% today.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is up 1.8% today.
- Intrepid Potash Inc (IPI): IPI stock is up 1.6% today.
- Eastman Chemical Company (EMN): EMN stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- RPM International Inc (RPM): RPM stock is up 1.4% today.
- Curtiss-Wright Corp (CW): CW stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 6.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 6.2% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 5.1% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 4.5% today.
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is down 4.4% today.
- Aurico Gold Inc (AUQ): AUQ stock is down 4.1% today.
- First Majestic Silver (AG): AG stock is down 3.9% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is down 3.9% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 4.0% to a new 52-week low of $8.23.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 3.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.